Sorry guys, I know it’s been a while, and I have no excuse other than my baby doesn’t sleep! And working past 7pm makes me feel all queasy ahaha.
April was a pretty pants month for me business wise. I think I had got complacent over the attendance at open houses and relied heavily on Easter being busy which unfortunately didn’t materialise due to the outrageously good weather. (There are worse reasons to not sell out!)
After sitting down and taking stock, I have realised I need to get back to basics and enjoy baking again, which is the reason why the brownie box started in the first place.
So, as a little treat for you all, I have finally written down my banana bread recipe! Which is a huge step for me as I never write anything down or even weigh ingredients really as a rule, especially when I am just baking for fun!
If you do give this a go, please tag me in your photos. I would love to see how you have tweaked the basic recipe to make it your own! This is just the simple banana bread. Ordinarily, I would add blueberries or chocolate chips.
Banana Bread Recipe
- 280g self raising flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 120g butter or soft spread, plus extra for greasing (you can use the same amount of coconut oil for a healthier version)
- 250g dark brown soft sugar (or use coconut sugar for a healthier version)
- 2 large eggs (beaten)
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed (the darker the better!!)
- 90ml plain natural yoghurt
- 2 tsp cinnamon (Adjust to your own taste. I love spice.)
- Preheat the oven to 170C.
- Sift the flour into a large mixing bowl
- In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until a latte colour.
- Add the eggs, mashed bananas, buttermilk and vanilla extract to the butter and sugar mixture and mix well. Fold in the flour mixture.
- Grease and line an 8” round and pour the cake mixture into the tin.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for about 45 minutes, or until well-risen and golden-brown. To check if the cake is done, remove from the oven, put a clean knife into the centre and remove. If it comes out clean then you’re all set!
- Remove from the oven and cool in the tin for a few minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool fully.
Happy baking guys!!!